Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Goal Assessment


Like most people, I set goals for myself for 2010. Being the beginning of March, I have decided to perform a self assessment to see where I am at two months into the New Year.

My goals were to inspire others, plant an organic garden, make a large dent in my degree program and become a certified group fitness instructor. After performing a quick self assessment, I have done extremely well!

As far as inspiring others, I have been helping some friends with weight loss and fitness goals. I am constantly answering phone calls, text messages and emails with questions in regards to health and fitness. I have been a “scorekeeper” for a weight loss competition in which women compete to lose the highest percentage of weight. I have also been more active with my blog and from the feedback I receive, have helped motivate people that I wasn’t even aware of. Inspiring others to be the best they can be is a fulfilling experience and in turn motivates me to stay accountable for my actions.

My husband and I began planning our organic garden (post and pics to come later this week). We have picked a spot and my husband began building the raised beds. My oldest daughter started 72 seeds and my youngest two girls have started a total of 12seeds. Between the three girls, we have onions, multi-colored peppers, pumpkins and tomatoes. The other plants we will put into our garden will be baby plants that we will purchase in a few weeks. I purchased a compost bin. Dirt is being delivered in a few days to fill our beds. We have been doing our research and have been shopping around for ideas. This is a goal that is definitely in the works.

In regards to my degree, I had a phone appointment with my advisor. He was able to reduce the amount of classes that I have left. He also lined me up with a full schedule of classes that were in the correct order. I should be finished by fall 2011. Perfect!

Last but definitely not least, I signed up for my group fitness instructor certification on April 3. I should be receiving my study materials and text book soon and will attend an eight hour workshop. I will then take a test and will officially be a certified group fitness instructor. I also signed up for my CPR/AED certification which is a requirement for the certification. I began teaching yoga to my playgroup moms in the park just to gain a little experience.

Come back in a few days for my garden update and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment