Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: Juice Recipe of the Week

I thought that it would be fun to post a juice recipe every Thursday since I am enjoying this juicing process so much. I have been making several of the juices from my raw cleanse book but this morning I decided to experiment on my own.

I will call this juice:


"Soothing Glow"


Ingredients:
1 ½ cups of green or red grapes
1 Granny Smith Apple
½ cucumber
2 stalks of celery
1 large handful of Spinach
1 small handful of mint

Run all the ingredients through your juicer. I topped the juice off with a squeeze of lemon juice and a wedge of lemon. Enjoy!

This juice is full of antioxidants; its ingredients fight certain cancers such as lung cancer, colon, skin, lung and breast cancer. It also contains ingredients that fight heart problems and Alzheimer’s Disease. This juice is loaded with polyphenols such as flavonoids, phenolic acids, and resveratrol. It is a source of silica which improves the complexion and health of the skin. In addition, its high water content makes it naturally hydrating which is good for glowing skin. It is also rich in vitamin C. It contains compounds called coumarins. This helps prevent free radicals from damaging cells. Spinach,one of the key ingredients, has anti-inflammatory properties and is a good source of iron. The juice also contains mint which is soothing to the stomach.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds refreshing. Exciting that you got a juicer. I am new to the juicing world and looking into getting one as well. New blog follwer by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda,

    I've always made smoothies and have wanted to juice but didn't want to break the bank to buy one. So, I'm so excited about my $10 deal. I've been juicing 2-3 x's a day and it's holding up just fine. Been juicing parsnips this week. REALLY yummy! Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete