Saturday, October 2, 2010

LOVE yourself

We are multi-faceted diamonds. We wear many hats. I am a teacher, a student, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter, a motivator, a life coach, an activist, among many others. Some people do not recognize me when I am wearing a different hat. Even my own husband finds it funny when he hears me teach yoga with my "yoga voice" or boot camp with my "fitness voice." These are all true and unique versions of me and I love each and every one of them. There was a time when there were parts of me that I would suffocate; never allowing them to reach the surface and never allowing them to grow to their full potential. Don't do this to yourself. You must learn to love yourself- every part. This is not something you can accomplish overnight. It's something we must learn to do. I have learned to do this through my yoga practice. I cannot stress enough the benefits of practicing yoga. I find it amazing that when I first began the practice I was competitive and simply looking for that edge through yoga. I only focused on the physical benefits. However, through intense study and a committed practice, I have found so much more. Yoga keeps me grounded and focused. Through yoga, I have learned to love myself, which opens my heart to love others more deeply. I can manage stress more effectively. Not only my body but my mind and my heart-both physically and spiritually- have become stronger. I love myself so I can love others. Allow this to be your mantra. And do it today. Don't wait until tomorrow. Don't wait until you have reached your goals.

I love myself so I can love others.


It makes the world a better place.....

No comments:

Post a Comment