Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Matters- Seriously

I am a vegetarian who strives for veganism. I do struggle with the occasional piece of cheese in my diet as I live in a home full of meat and dairy eaters. I only buy organic dairy for my family so I say to myself, "Well, it is organic, right?" and I take a nibble. Within 12 hours, my skin will break out and I see the effects; sometimes my stomach hurts. I do not struggle with the temptation to eat meat as I truly feel in the depth of my mind that staying fully clear of meat is the best choice for me. At times, I also like to dabble in raw foods. Those of you who follow my blog see that I have done Penni Shelton's raw food cleanses and the results are amazing.

The other day, Netflix recommended a documentary for me called "Food Matters." This is an AMAZING movie and I HIGHLY recommended it to everyone. The movie is based on Hippocrates' philosophy, "Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food." When I turned on the documentary, I was VERY close to taking a dose of sinus medication...this is something I NEVER do. Seriously, I was going to turn on the show, pop a pill and watch it. However, the opening was the Hippocrates quote. I decided to just sit down. The movie spoke a lot about the drug companies, lack of nutritional education in doctors, and the importance of eating raw superfoods as well as vitamin therapy for sickness and disease. I had a cold coming on. The next day was spent nursing it with oil of oregano, vitamin c, d3, zinc and many cups of echinacea tea. Cold....Gone.

Anyhow, watching this documentary as well as hearing the story of Philip McCluskey (below), I am ready for some serious dabbling in raw foods again. Please watch his story and if you can watch "Food Matters" because guess what my friend? Food REALLY does matter. It makes a difference in your energy levels, the quality of your life, your mood and most importantly your health. The movie says it, I have said, and MANY others have said, heard it and believed it- "You are what you eat." So eat well and be well and have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment