Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pondering the New Year

I've been pondering what to blog about as the New Year has come and gone. So many people make resolutions only to find themselves frustrated with the fact that they cannot hold to these commitments. They give up on trying to better themselves and find themselves in a deeper hole than when they started. This year, instead of focusing on resolutions, I would like to focus on what I would like to accomplish in the year 2010.
  • I would like to inspire others. I want to commit to the action of inspiring others to make positive changes in their lives. I want to help my friends and loved ones become accountable for their action which is something I would also like to do for myself.
  • I want to plant a good size organic fruit and veggie garden to nourish myself and my family. I want my husband and children to do this with me. We can all take part in raising healthy food while reducing our carbon footprint.
  • I want to make a large dent in completing my degree. I have already lined up a full schedule of classes and am in the process of making an appointment with my advisor to see where I currently stand.
  • I am considering becoming a certified group fitness instructor. I have looked into some workshops and pricing. This may prove to be a difficult task as I am also attending full time classes for my teaching credential. However, this is something that I truly have a passion for and stand alongside my first accomplishment that I would like to carry out.

I have an ongoing commitment to being the best mother and role model to my three daughters and being a loving and faithful wife to my husband. I will always strive to be my best in this area.

Something I have come to realize is that I want to always recognize my self-worth. I want to always realize that I am important. For example, I deserve to put only the best and most nutritious food into my body. My body deserves the best care I can give it through exercise and pampering. I want to learn how to accept gifts, compliments and respect without thinking that I am not worthy.

What would you like to accomplish this year?

"Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will accomplish them." Warren G. Bennis

No comments:

Post a Comment