Saturday, August 21, 2010

Creamy Raw Sun-Dried Tomato Basil Sauce

At Sprouts Natural Market in Temecula (not to be confused with Sprouts Farmer's Market), they offer raw foods demos a few times a month. A few months ago, they featured this recipe that was simply delicious. The recipes that day were made using new raw products made from coconuts. The line is called Coconut Secrets. They have coconut nectar, coconut aminos (much like Bragg's) and coconut vinegar. I am sure that there are other that I am forgetting. Anyhow, I fell in love with this sauce when I sampled it at the store and finally made it myself just the other day and was reminded of how delicious it was. Here it is:

  • 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup raw organic cashews
  • 6-8 fresh basil leaves
  • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup coconut aminos
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 1/4 cup coconut nectar
  • 1 heaping tbsp chopped red onion
  • 1 med size garlic clove
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • black peppercorns and/or sea salt to top it off

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.

This recipe makes a good amount.

With all the zucchini I've had in my garden this summer, I sliced one up like "noodles" with my mandolin and topped with this sauce. It can also be used as a dip. I used some yummy seed crackers to dip. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment