Thursday, April 15, 2010

A mini vacation prep

I think I may have a slight virus trying to take away my zest.....however I will prevail. After experimenting WAY too much with Alicia Silverstone's Kind Diet desserts, I think I'm going to take a few days and clean out my system. So today, I will go extra high raw, if not 100%. We will be travelling over the weekend so I think this is a good idea since I will be facing the challege of healthy eating on the go. I have bought a few vegan instant soups- miso, pad thai, etc and also some oat and flax instant oatmeal. Of course, I will take lots of raw goodness with me as well. The hotel also has a fantastic gym where I will be working out. Remember friends, traveling doesn't mean you have to make unhealthy choices. You just need to do some essential planning and research. Even if your hotel doesn't have a fancy fitness center, you can plan a workout right in your hotel room, do stair intervals or just get out and go for a run.

My packing list includes:


Healthy instant soups

Instant oatmeal packs

Assortment of herbal teas

Water bottles

Fresh fruit: apples and oranges travel well

Dried fruit

Nuts and seeds

Almond milk

Raw honey

Nut butters


RUNNING SHOES!

Workout attire

Yoga mat


I will be posting my Thirsty Thursday recipe momentarily. I will have to get in that kitchen and see what pops into my head. I don't want to go to the market because I want to eat what's in the kitchen since we will be leaving on Friday. That means the juice will have something to the effect of apples, blood oranges, berries, mint, parsnips....I also have a lots of greens at my fingertips. Hmmmm, let's see where that takes me. Stay updated. Recipe and pics on the way....

No comments:

Post a Comment