Monday, July 5, 2010

Smoothies

In trying to take advantage of summer, I am making it a priority to eat lots of raw foods. Today I've been experimenting with smoothies and have had some great results. Here is what I have come up with.

Raw Chocolate Chia Breakfast Smoothie

1 banana
8 oz. almond milk
1 tsp chia seeds (soaked for 15 min.)
1-2 tsp raw cacao powder
ice as desired

Blend all ingredients on high speed in the blender. So de-lish!


Summer Green Smoothie

1 banana
8 oz apple juice (I juiced my own)
4-5 leaves rainbow chard (from my garden!)
1 kiwi
1 pink grapefruit
1 sprig of mint (from my garden too!)
1 tsp bee pollen
1 tsp raw honey
ice as desired

Blend all ingredients on high speed in a blender. The mint gives this smoothie a super refreshing taste. I was really impressed! I had a mini bowl of raw sunflower seeds, raw pepitas, and pecan pieces with this. Very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment